We love hard problems and big challenges. They motivate us, make us work harder and push ourselves out of the comfort zone. Our work speaks for itself - after 15 years and hundreds of product and feature launches, we’ve perfected design methodologies and processes to deliver beautiful solutions that drive our client’s success and ROI.
Individuals cannot make it on their own. It’s great teams that deliver the most successful products. We owe these results to our people and competencies we show on every project. Competing with the most successful US agencies, our 30-person design team constantly shows their talent, skills and ideas that brought us the reputation of one of the best NYC agencies.
We're looking for a Design Director who has a passion to continuously develop a stimulating environment where the best designers clearly see their perspective and impact. As our Design Director you drive both the creative direction of our projects and the career development of our design team. You will work closely with Product Managers, Developers and Business Strategists to create great digital products and solutions for our clients.
What you'll do:
- Grow and lead our 30-person design team, working closely with Design Team Leads to nurture our culture and standards. Makes sure our design process delivers high-quality work on every product we design
- Directly oversees a couple of projects - offering guidance, coaching, and feedback
- Responsible for the quality of the hiring process, effective onboarding of new members, and team retention. Makes sure best practices across projects are consistently shared and design skill levels within the team are consistently growing
- Participate in resource planning - prioritizing work and resources across projects based on short- and long-term need
- Build relationships with clients and navigate the team through challenges to get the best solution possible
- Important part of new business opportunities. Will join new business calls, create design estimates for new proposals, run design on pitches where we are delivering design ideas
We're looking for:
- 10+ years of design experience - the track record of leading teams to deliver complex digital products, ecosystems, and platforms
- Strong background in visual/interaction design and good understanding of the product development process
- Proven leadership skills - ability to inspire, motivate and coach team members to build successful products for our clients and realize their full potential, as well as attracting new talent
- A portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of user and business needs, creative approaches to problem-solving, and ability to provide clear creative strategy
- Ability to resolve complex design and communication challenges
- Strong communication and analytical skills - ability to articulate strategies and client’s vision through creative design