Join our Java team which grew in the last 8 months from 5 to 25 experts who work on various projects from different industries. Even though the core technology in this team is Java, for this specific project, we are looking for a Fullstack developer – somebody who also has knowledge and interest in React.
The client around which we are forming the team operates in the transportation business, and it’s one of the leading carriers in the global container and cargo shipping industry. They provide customers with innovative seaborne transportation and logistics services, covering the world’s major trade routes. We are working on B2B applications covering transportation route catalog, container balancing, and ship scheduling with a focus on business optimization being built on microservice architecture
Currently, we have 1 developer and 1 architect working on this project and our goal is to build a large team who will directly impact the shipping speed, optimize routes and in general, help individuals and businesses get their packages faster.
Teams are not practicing SCRUM methodology, but they are still agile, following TDD and extreme programming principles so even though they are a big enterprise and a global player in the market, the feel of working is like in a start-up.
Overall, a little bit of mathematics, algorithms, and a lot of programming. Sounds interesting?
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 5+ years of development experience in Java (Java 8+) and Spring or SpringBoot as a Backend developer
- Experience building APIs
- Experience in FE development using React framework
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or similar relational database
- Experience with Hibernate
- Maintaining high standards in setting project architecture
- Working in a Git environment
- Responsible and independent in work and daily activities
- Proactive, team player, customer-oriented
Bonus (not required, but could be useful):
- Developing a microservice environment
- Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Apache Kafka
- CloudFoundry or similar cloud platform
What can you expect from us?
- We offer tons of benefits that we’d be more than happy to talk about in the first interview. However, have a sneak peek at some of them:
- We have quarterly salary reviews and regularly research the market so you can expect a competitive salary according to your experience.
- Take the most advantage out of your gross salary - start saving by investing in the third pension plan.
- Top-notch equipment (MacBook Pro M1 2022 or equivalent PC) and IT periphery budget
- Clear career development plan and regular 1on1 conversations with your Team Lead - we do not want you to stagnate with us, we monitor your personal development and reward you. Expect financial advances in line with skills advances.
- Flexible working hours: we don’t look at the clock but rather at results. You can create your work schedule in the way that suits you best.
- If you want to come to the office by car, we provide a free parking spot in our garage/outdoor parking in Zagreb, Osijek, and Split offices.
- Bond with your team right away - if you work remotely, we cover the onboarding cost which includes transportation and accommodation in one of our offices for a week or two.
- FeelGood@FIVE program - your personal growth is important to us, so we provide you with FIVE free meetings with a licensed psychotherapist.
- Monthly team gatherings and annual awesome team buildings, such as sailing on Adriatic.
- The summer is coming and you’re not in shape? We got you covered with a Multisport card.