Five is a digital agency with offices in Brooklyn, Zagreb, Osijek, Rijeka, and Split. Our clients value us for our strategic partnership, exceptional craft, and ability to deliver real business results. We develop digital products for brands such as Bullhorn, Rosetta Stone, PIMCO, Napster, and others. Our apps, games, chatbots, and IoT solutions are used daily by more than 40 million users worldwide.
We are looking to expand our Napster team with an experienced Java developer. Napster is located in Seattle and their music streaming platform provides fans with unlimited access to amazing tunes anytime, anywhere, and on any device, online or offline.
In Zagreb, we have a well-established team of twenty people who have been working on the development of Napster services for 8 years now. The Croatian team is fully integrated with members of American teams, which means that we communicate daily and participate in all meetings together.
If you join us, you’ll be a part of a team that owns the entire backend for the music platform, with an emphasis on user and subscription management. You’ll work on the creation of APIs for a large system of several million users while working in Java, Spring, and REST web services and will also work on modernizing the existing applications and migrating them to Google Cloud Platform.
What do we expect from you?
- 3+ years of experience in Java and Spring as a backend developer
- Detailed knowledge of Spring framework and best practices
- Maintaining a high standard when setting up a project architecture
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Working with the Object-relational mapping framework
- API design with an emphasis on RESTful APIs
- Working in Git environment
- Jenkins CI/CD continuous integration, work with Tomcat server
Bonus points if you experience with:
- Basic work with SOAP APIs
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Agile methods of work - Kanban, Scrum
- Spring MVC, and basic knowledge of HTML, CSS i JS
- Working with Hibernate ORM
- Experience working on large scale systems with multiple applications
What do we offer?
Have a sneak peek at some of our benefits:
- New MacBook Pro, Windows, or Linux PC of your choice and any extra peripheral devices that you might need.
- Flexible working hours: we don’t look at the clock but rather at results. You can create your work schedule in the way that suits you best
- Clear career development plan - we do not want you to stagnate with us, we monitor your personal development and reward you. Expect financial advances in line with skills advances
- If you want to come to the office by car, we provide a free parking spot in our garage.
- Want to bike to Sljeme, but not completely in shape? Take one of Five electric bikes whenever you want. :)
- FeelGood@FIVE program - your personal growth is important to us so we provide you with five free meetings with a licensed psychotherapist
- Take the most advantage out of your gross salary - start saving by investing in the third pension plan or cover the annual cost of kindergarten for your kids.