We are looking for the best of the best - motivated problem-solvers, excellent engineers, people who like what they do, and more importantly - know what they do.
If you find yourself in the following description and you are an experienced Java developer - keep reading.
As a Java developer, you will have the opportunity to work on complex, world-class FinTech complex projects for our international clients who are leading global payment providers in the world. Working on these long-term projects, you will closely cooperate with a multidisciplinary international team and help us manage the creation of better digital products for our clients on a daily basis.
You will work as part of a backend team, develop support services for frontend and mobile applications, and develop new features on the backend, as part of business plans. You will work in a microservice environment, using newer frameworks and methodologies for development of microservices, based on Java (see technologies under requirements for details).
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 3+ years of development experience in Java (Java 8+) and Spring or SpringBoot as a Backend developer
- Detailed knowledge of Spring framework and best practice
- Domain-driven design
- Maintaining high standards in setting project architecture
- Cooperation with the technical team in different time zones
- Working in a Git environment
- Responsible and independent in work and daily activities
- Proactive, team player, customer-oriented
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Developing a microservice environment
- Kubernetes and/or Docker
- ReactiveX (RxJava)
- Vert.x framework
- Axon platform
- Apache Kafka
- Functional programming (in any language)
- Event-driven architecture design
- Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS) architecture design
- Agile methods - Kanban, Scrum
- 5+ years of development experience in Java (Java 8+) and Spring or SpringBoot as a Backend developer
What do our people appreciate about FIVE?
Have a sneak peek at some of our benefits:
- We regularly research the market so you can expect a competitive salary according to your experience.
- Clear career development plan and regular 1on1 conversations with your Career coach - we monitor your personal development and reward you. Expect financial advances in line with skills advances.
- We want you to grow with us, so expect lots of internal and external educations and access to online learning platforms such as Udemy, Pluralsight, O'Reilly, RayWenderlich.com, Egghead.io
- Take the most advantage out of your gross salary - start saving by investing in the third pension plan.
- Your kids are in a kindergarten? FIVE&Endava will make your financing easier.
- Flexible working hours: we don’t look at the clock but rather at results. You can create your work schedule in the way that suits you best.
- Work from anywhere - hybrid, remote or office.
- If you want to come to the office by car or bicycle, we provide a free parking spot in our garage/outdoor parking in Zagreb, Osijek, and Split offices.
- Stay healthy and get regular checks with fully covered additional health insurance policy which includes specialist exams and a physical exam once a year.
- FeelGood@FIVE program - your personal growth is important to us so we provide you with 10 free meetings with a licensed psychotherapist.
- Multisport card with 50% subsidy
- Bond with your team right away - if you work remotely, we cover the onboarding cost which includes transportation and accommodation in one of our offices for a week or two.
- Team gatherings and annual awesome team buildings, such as sailing on Adriatic.
We are waiting for you on your first day with all the equipment prepared and with a dedicated team member (buddy) to welcome you onto our onboarding process.