Five is a boutique digital agency with offices in Brooklyn and Zagreb, Croatia. Five partners with clients to deliver real business results. Our clients value us for our strategic partnership and our exceptional craft.
We’ve helped hundreds of organizations, including large enterprises, small businesses, and non-profits across a variety of verticals (including publishing, education, travel, healthcare, and connected technology) bring their digital strategy to life.
This February we were acquired by Endava, a publicly traded UK-based company with many exciting brands in their portfolio. We can’t wait to expand our client base, learn from our Endava teammates, and share our unique product strategy expertise.
We are looking for the best of the best - motivated problem-solvers, excellent engineers, people who like what they do, and more importantly - know what they do.
If you find yourself in the following description and you are an experienced Java developer - keep reading.
You will have a chance to work with a leading worldwide provider of payment technology and software solutions delivering innovative services to customers globally. Over 50 years of presence in payment business, 50 Billion transactions processed every year, with offices in 38 countries. We are looking for a person is responsible for the overall design of the solution involving one or multiple applications. This person would be first point of contact for all stakeholders regarding business or technical scope. This role is intended to bridge the gap between technical and business stakeholders and the dev team.
- Working on core of payment processing services
- Breaking down monolith into microservice architecture
- Agile methodology, dev & qa scrum teams
- Using all the latest & greatest tools and principles
- CI/CD going all the way to production environment
- Chance to participate in and learn from highly skilled engineers and teams
- Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Maven
- OpenStack, Google Cloud, Azure
- XL Release, Jenkins, SonarQube, Consul, Ansible, Chef, Kubernetes
- Java/Cucumber, JMeter, Blazemeter, IBM RIT
- ELK Stack, Kafka, Grafana, Azure Application Insights
- Prepare and refine business and technical scope for dev teams, including NFRs. Work
- alongside product or/and architects to clarify the scope.
- Create technical specification documents as well as Low Level Design (in form of jira
- Work on Proof of Concept where required with the help of the dev team if necessary.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders (architects, I&O, networking, security, product etc.),
- identify dependencies, prerequisites etc.
- Organize walkthroughs with the team.
- Guide the team during the development process on high level technical aspects, participate
- in all scrum ceremonies.
- Provide clarifications and feedback during the entire development cycle.
- On necessity take the role of Proxy Product Owner.
- Actively be involved in code reviews, provide feedback.
- Track overall release progress for scope and help set priorities.
- Be involved in the investigation of complex production issues, inform stakeholders, and
- provide solutions.
- Review incidents, suggest improvements.
Match your profile
- Experience in Java (10+ years)
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Good spoken English
- Leadership by example
- Experience within multicultural teams and good communication skills
The following skills would be a plus
- Experience in payment domain
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline – XL Release/Jenkins
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with Google, Azure cloud
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
What do we offer?
- We offer tons of benefits that we’d be more than happy to talk about on the first interview. However, have a sneak peek at some of them:
- New MacBook Pro or PC of your choice, phone and any extra peripheral devices that you might need
- Lots of internal and external education such as code review and regular dedicated time for research and improvement. Also, we love to attend conferences!
- Flexible working hours: we don’t look at the clock but rather at results. You can create your work schedule in the way that suits you best
- Clear career development plan - we do not want you to stagnate with us, we monitor your personal development and reward you. Expect financial advances in line with skills advances
- If you want to come to the office by car, we provide a free parking spot in our garage.
- Want to bike to Sljeme, but not completely in shape? Take one of Five electric bikes whenever you want. :)
- FeelGood@FIVE program - your personal growth is important to us so we provide you with five free meetings with a licensed psychotherapist
- Take the most advantage out of your gross salary - start saving by investing in the third pension plan or cover the annual cost of kindergarten for your kids.