Along with other clients, projects, and FIVE growth in general - our Java team grew accordingly, with 12 people on board - looking for a Team lead. Our team needs someone with a strong technical background (Java) to face all the technical challenges and knows how to lead a team, and be a good communicator with admirable organizational skills. If you fit the profile - let us tell you more!
If you decide to continue your career with us, you can expect full support while further developing in the people management direction. We have a specially designed internal training program (topics such as Hiring, Onboarding, Negotiation, Feedback, etc.) for our team leads. You will participate in our Career development process, which includes 360 feedback on a personal career level, with a detailed individual development plan and 1 on 1 monthly interviews. You will be the main person to own these processes in your team, but it is also important that you use those tools for your own development. Also, you will have additional knowledge-sharing opportunities by meeting with other team leads to share your experiences and ideas.
What do we expect from you?
- At least 5 years of backend programming experience in Java
- Coach the team for better coding standards and technology improvements
- Be responsible for delivering products that serve thousands of users all over the world
- Take full ownership in managing the whole software development lifecycles, from design to release
- Previous experience in leading a team and/or managing software engineer is a plus
- Mentor new and existing team members in their professional growth
- Lead by example a team of developers at different levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Tackle the challenges and seize opportunities that come with team growth
- Will be required to work and collaborate with other teams from development, QA, design, product, HR, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to communicate with different types of people; recognize their strengths, weaknesses and character
- Experience in conducting interviews and evaluating candidates, making sure they are the right fit for the team and the company
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers, filtering, abstracting and condensing information where necessary
- Great influencing skills which will give you independence and confidence in innovating processes
- Facilitate communication between your team members, higher management and/or clients
What do we offer?
- We have tons of benefits that we’d be more than happy to talk about on the first interview. However, have a sneak peek at some of them:
- New MacBook Pro, Windows or Linux PC of your choice and any extra peripheral devices that you might need.
- Flexible working hours: we don’t look at the clock but rather at results. You can create your work schedule in the way that suits you best
- Clear career development plan - we do not want you to stagnate with us, we monitor your personal development and reward you. Expect financial advances in line with skills advances
- Internal Team lead support programme
- If you want to come to the office by car, we provide a free parking spot in our garage.
- Want to bike to Sljeme, but not completely in shape? Take one of Five electric bikes whenever you want. :)
- FeelGood@FIVE program - your personal growth is important to us so we provide you with five free meetings with a licensed psychotherapist
- Take the most advantage out of your gross salary - start saving by investing in the third pension plan or cover the annual cost of kindergarten for your kids.