Five is a boutique digital agency with offices in Brooklyn and Zagreb, Croatia. Five partners with clients to deliver real business results. Our clients value us for our strategic partnership and our exceptional craft.
We’ve helped hundreds of organizations, including large enterprises, small businesses, and non-profits across a variety of verticals (including publishing, education, travel, healthcare, and connected technology) bring their digital strategy to life.
This February we were acquired by Endava, a publicly traded UK-based company with many exciting brands in their portfolio. We can’t wait to expand our client base, learn from our Endava teammates, and share our unique product strategy expertise.
We are looking for the best of the best - motivated problem-solvers, excellent engineers, people who like what they do, and more importantly - know what they do. If you find yourself in the following description and you are an experienced Java developer - keep reading.
You will have a chance to work with a leading worldwide provider of payment technology and software solutions delivering innovative services to customers globally. Over 50 years of presence in payment business, 50 Billion transactions processed every year, with offices in 38 countries. We are looking for the team lead (Java developer), responsible mainly for the scope delivered by the team, including technical backlog identified by the team.
- Working on core of payment processing services
- Breaking down monolith into microservice architecture
- Agile methodology, dev & qa scrum teams
- Using all the latest & greatest tools and principles
- CI/CD going all the way to production environment
- Chance to participate in and learn from highly skilled engineers and teams
- Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Maven
- OpenStack, Google Cloud, Azure
- XL Release, Jenkins, SonarQube, Consul, Ansible, Chef, Kubernetes
- Java/Cucumber, JMeter, Blazemeter, IBM RIT
- ELK Stack, Kafka, Grafana, Azure Application Insights
- Closely track and facilitate the development process within the team
- Guides team members technically, on low level implementation aspects
- Ensures that the team is following SDLC standards and best practices
- Tracks dependencies and blockers for the ongoing tasks within the sprint
- Refine stories with the team, add sub-tasks or technical tasks
- Collaborates with dev leads from other teams, also main contact of the team for other dev
- Reviews almost all code changes done by the team
- Participate in all scrum ceremonies
- Work closely with Design lead in defining the user stories in project backlog
- Involved in proactively removing technical impediments for the team
- Keeps transparent communication with the main technical stakeholders
Match your profile
- Experience in Java (7+ years)
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot framework
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Good spoken English
- Leadership by example
- Experience within multicultural teams and good communication skills
The following skills would be a plus
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline – XL Release/Jenkins
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with Google, Azure cloud
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)