The Bitcoin madness has passed and your crypto portfolio still hasn’t brought you villas and cars. You’re still holding because you’re sure better days are coming. While you are waiting for those better days, it is clear that blockchain is staying with us and already widely used in different industries. You probably think it would be good to invest time in understanding that technology and making something practical out of it, but don’t even know where to start? At FIVE, you are given an excellent opportunity to step in that direction.
We are looking for a Java backend developer to help create a wallet application for one of the leading crypto currency exchanges in the US. The pandemic only helps our client to expand their influence and products, and attract new investments.
You will work as part of a backend team, develop support services for frontend and mobile applications, and develop new features on the backend, as part of business plans. You will work in a microservice environment, using newer frameworks and methodologies for development of microservices, based on Java (see technologies under requirements for details).
What do we expect from you:
- Minimum 3+ years of development experience in Java (Java 8+) and Spring or SpringBoot as a Backend developer
- Detailed knowledge of Spring framework and best practice
- Domain-driven design
- Maintaining high standards in setting project architecture
- Cooperation with the technical team in different time zones
- Working in a Git environment
- Responsible and independent in work and daily activities
- Proactive, team player, customer-oriented
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Developing a microservice environment
- Kubernetes and/or Docker
- ReactiveX (RxJava)
- Vert.x framework
- Axon platform
- Apache Kafka
- Functional programming (in any language)
- Event-driven architecture design
- Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS) architecture design
- Agile methods - Kanban, Scrum
- 5+ years of development experience in Java (Java 8+) and Spring or SpringBoot as a Backend developer
We offer tons of benefits that we’d be more than happy to talk about on the first interview. However, have a sneak peek at some of them:
- New MacBook Pro or PC of your choice, phone and any extra peripheral devices that you might need
- Lots of internal and external education such as code review and regular dedicated time for research and improvement. Also, we love to attend conferences!
- Flexible working hours: we don’t look at the clock but rather at results. You can create your work schedule in the way that suits you best
- Clear career development plan - we do not want you to stagnate with us, we monitor your personal development and reward you. Expect financial advances in line with skills advances
- If you want to come to the office by car, we provide a free parking spot in our garage.
- Want to bike to Sljeme, but not completely in shape? Take one of Five electric bikes whenever you want. :)
- FeelGood@FIVE program - your personal growth is important to us so we provide you with five free meetings with a licensed psychotherapist
- Take the most advantage out of your gross salary - start saving by investing in the third pension plan or cover the annual cost of kindergarten for your kids.