We are looking for a motivated Product Owner in our Zagreb office to help drive product development on one of our key products, Bullhorn.
Bullhorn is a business software for employment agencies that find, hire and manage employees. We have been working with them in a partnership for several years now, leading the development and defining projects.
If long-term strategic product thinking motivates you and you want to be the main wheel in building a system that clients will love using, keep reading…
What’s the job about?
Bullhorn has the best solutions in the U.S. market in the staffing industry with thousands of clients employing millions of people per week. We aim high and our goal for Bullhorn is to maintain its position as a global leader in staffing and recruitment. To reach that goal, we plan to continue strong with further development and that’s where you come to play.
When you join our team of 35 people, you will drive product development on one or more product areas. You will have the opportunity to influence product development and contribute to the achievement of product business goals.
Some day-to-day activities:
- Gather business requirements from a customer or a project manager, and transform them into a meaningful set of user stories/epics
- Triage incoming product development requests, deciding to accept or not
- Work with Development team on grooming and scoping user stories
- Prioritize product backlog and prepare enough actionable work for the following sprints
- Be the go-to person on product/domain knowledge that unblocks developers on any product functionality questions
- Work with a project manager on managing client expectations in regards to project progress and estimated delivery
- Collaborate with clients to resolve any confusions or conflicts in case of escalations
- Create product release summaries and organize internal product release demos
What do we offer?
- Competitive pay that matches your experience
- Top notch equipment: new MacBook Pro or PC of your choice, phone and any extra peripheral devices that you might need
- Education/conferences: internal, external, international. Each team has an annual education budget that they use for what they want to learn, regardless of time and place.
- Flexible working hours: we don’t look at the clock but rather at results. You can create your work schedule in the way that suits you best
- Clear career development plan - we do not want you to stagnate with us, we monitor your personal development and reward you. Expect financial advances in line with skills advances
- Many other benefits that we will be happy to tell you more about on the first interview
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Product Owner
- Experience working in scrum or other agile environment
- Excellent organizational skills and good understanding of business processes
- Expressed proactivity and motivation that drives team success. We work together, we appreciate collegiality and we celebrate achievements together (leave the ego at home)
- Ability to clearly transform business needs into meaningful list of user stories.
- Collaborative attitude in working with development team to successfully define, plan, and deliver high-quality solutions that meet client needs and expectations
- Strong communication and presentation skills (Croatian and English)
Bonus points (not required, but could be helpful for the role):
- Basic experience in prototyping, wireframing and creating mockups. Additional plus is knowledge in UI tools such as Figma or InVision
- Experience working with foreign markets with an emphasis on the US
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Previous experience with financial/accounting/staffing software industry
Looking forward to reading your application! :)