Join our Java team which grew in the last year from 15 to 35 experts who work on various projects from different industries. Even though the core technology in this team is Java, for this specific project, we are looking for a Fullstack developer – somebody who also has knowledge and interest in React.
The client around which we are forming the team operates in the transportation business, and it’s one of the leading carriers in the global container and cargo shipping industry. They provide customers with innovative seaborne transportation and logistics services, covering the world’s major trade routes. We are working on B2B applications covering transportation route catalog, container balancing, and ship scheduling with a focus on business optimization being built on microservice architecture.
Currently, we have 1 developer and 1 architect working on this project and our goal is to build a large team who will directly impact the shipping speed, optimize routes and in general, help individuals and businesses get their packages faster.
Teams are not practicing SCRUM methodology, but they are still agile, following TDD and extreme programming principles so even though they are a big enterprise and a global player in the market, the feel of working is like in a start-up.
Overall, a little bit of mathematics, algorithms, and a lot of programming. Sounds interesting?
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 5+ years of development experience in Java (Java 8+) and Spring or SpringBoot as a Backend developer
- Experience building APIs
- Experience in FE development using React framework
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or similar relational database
- Experience with Hibernate
- Maintaining high standards in setting project architecture
- Working in a Git environment
- Responsible and independent in work and daily activities
- Proactive, team player, customer-oriented
Bonus (not required, but could be useful):
- Developing a microservice environment
- Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Apache Kafka
- CloudFoundry or similar cloud platform
What do our people appreciate about FIVE?
Have a sneak peek at some of our benefits:
- We regularly research the market so you can expect a competitive salary according to your experience.
- Clear career development plan and regular 1on1 conversations with your Career coach - we monitor your personal development and reward you. Expect financial advances in line with skills advances.
- We want you to grow with us, so expect lots of internal and external educations and access to online learning platforms such as Udemy, Pluralsight, O'Reilly, RayWenderlich.com, Egghead.io
- Take the most advantage out of your gross salary - start saving by investing in the third pension plan.
- Your kids are in a kindergarten? FIVE&Endava will make your financing easier.
- Flexible working hours: we don’t look at the clock but rather at results. You can create your work schedule in the way that suits you best.
- Work from anywhere - hybrid, remote or office.
- If you want to come to the office by car or bicycle, we provide a free parking spot in our garage/outdoor parking in Zagreb, Osijek, and Split offices.
- Stay healthy and get regular checks with fully covered additional health insurance policy which includes specialist exams and a physical exam once a year.
- FeelGood@FIVE program - your personal growth is important to us so we provide you with 10 free meetings with a licensed psychotherapist.
- Multisport card with 50% subsidy
- Bond with your team right away - if you work remotely, we cover the onboarding cost which includes transportation and accommodation in one of our offices for a week or two.
- Team gatherings and annual awesome team buildings, such as sailing on Adriatic.
We are waiting for you on your first day with all the equipment prepared and with a dedicated team member (buddy) to welcome you onto our onboarding process.